Sunday, October 14, 2012

update on hats

I've been busy making hats for the troops for my friend's project. These hats will go to a Louisiana unit serving in Afghanistan. Two friends sent money for yarn and I have made hats in their names.

Here's what I have so far - 11 hats made in chestnut brown, deep olive, and black.






Note that I have made some changes to the patterns. In particular, the green color should be Deep Olive, not Eucalyptus. When the yarn came in I saw the Eucalyptis was not as dark as I thought it would be. I hope I didn't mess anyone up with my mix up.

In the Basic Beanie I changed the actual pattern a bit, starting the work even roound one increase later. IOW It is 12, 24, 36, 48, 48, 60, 60, 72, 72, 84 and then work even to 7 1/2". Then 4 sc rounds.

I don't think I changed the other patterns except for the yarn color, but you might want to get the latest version regardless.

Heads come in different sizes, so it is likely no matter what size the hat is, it will fit someone.


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment