Thursday, May 17, 2012

hooks and yarn and hooks and yarn

What a nice day I had. First off, hubby gave the a-ok for me to order more of the delightful egg hooks from Jimbo (for Christmas). I know it's only May but you get where I'm going with this, eh? ;-) I love these hooks. The one I have (an *I*) fits right in my hand and is so smooth. I used it for my last video.

Speaking of video, I have not given up on recording video. I just haven't had a chance to do any lately. I have several topics I want to cover and hope to get to those soon.

Oh and did you know Jimbo made one of the biggest hooks ever? Have a look-see here. That is one big hook. 25# I think was said? Too heavy for me to hold and actually use, but how neat!

Dee over at Crochet with Dee has a few links to other big/long/thick hooks. You can find it on this page, down at the bottom.

Later, I went out to get the mail and what should I find but three skeins of pink Red Heart Soft yarn. Remember I told you about the green in my pink and I was through with Red Heart? I didn't ask for yarn when I wrote to let them know about this problem. In fact, I specifically said not to worry about sending me any and didn't leave my address. But those folks at Red Heart - well, you can't complain about their customer service! They found me somehow, possibly from the previous times, and sent me yarn. What can I say? I can't refuse yarn. I'll make more squares. *grin* I have to say it IS soft and the pink is delightful. It's also a different dye lot. Shall I forgive and forget? Thank you to Mr. Karwowski for the yarn.

Going back to video, I am learning to crochet left handed. Originally this was so I could teach some folks who want to learn to crochet and happen to be left handed. As I was struggling with the process, I remembered somewhere in the back of my  mind a blog post that mentioned working one row right to left and the next row left to right with the opposite hand. I thought, wouldn't that be great? I could teach both right and left handed. I can't remember where that post was. I think it might be on Pinterest. If I find it, I'll come back and add the link. At the time, I didn't take time to read through it to the point of understanding. [update: here is the link http://www.freshstitches.com/crochet-rows-backwards-left-handed-right-side/ ]

I like this idea because I was worried that learning left handed would mess me up on my right handed crochet. If I'm doing every other row in each method, however, that shouldn't be a problem.

The more I do it, the better I seem to be getting at it. Whether I am doing it CORRECTLY I am not 100% sure. LOL I know Teresa Richardson has videos of both right and left hand so I might have a look at those. I also have a leaflet that teaches left and right hand.

That's all for now.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment