Friday, November 11, 2011

on my hook

Here is the baby afghan I finished. I ran out of the green yarn with a round and a half to go on the last square so I had to drop one column. Even so, I think it came out a nice size. I did measure it, but I didn't write the measurements down and the ghan is packed away so ... you'll just have to trust me on that. LOL The squares are assembled using the continuous join.

I've also been making 7" squares with larger leftover balls. Yes, I am determined to use all this yarn up - at least a good portion of it. It gets harder as the quantities go down. I know some folks do mix different types of yarn - like a boucle or a brushed acrylic with a regular yarn. I may give that a try. I'll have to have a sit down and think on it. ;-) Maybe pull out a book of stitches and see what I can come up with. That is both the fun part and the excruciating part, making the decision.

I also want what I make to be useful so we'll see what happens next. I still have a cold so that is hampering my thinkin' a bit.

Before I sign off I want to thank all our veterans for this service. Our great country would not be what it is without the many sacrifices of our servicemen. A round of applause for them all, past, present, and future.

Happy Crocheting!

Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment