Friday, October 14, 2011

wips and fo

What's been on my hook? Here's a look ...

64 saltines (2 rounds of a basic granny)

31 yo yos (16 dc in ring)

This will be a cowl when I've sewn the ends together

sc scarf worked in back loop only
Where are they going? Well, the yoyos and saltines are going to Dawn. She puts these together into gorgeous afghans.

The blue cowl is staying at home. It was made because I saw a pattern I just had to try. It is double triple crochet rows alternated with a single crochet row though I think the pattern called for three rows of sc between. The pattern is Patons Lace Sequin Cowl. I had a large ball of thin yarn and thought it would be enough but it was not. I used every bit of it and ended up with 7 rows of the dtr, about 7 1/2". I was hoping for 12". Still I think it will be useful. I have a small neck and it's very lightweight for our mostly mild temperatures here. I haven't had a chance to look through my stash to see if I can find a close match for joining even though I don't think the join will show.

The red is in progress and just a back loop only single crochet. I think I did 200 chains. I was inspired by the Mistake Stitch Knit scarf at Knit Your Bit and this scarf will be headed there when it's done.

That's all for now.


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment