Monday, August 1, 2011

bad yarn and a new scarf

Remember the Red Heart Soft navy yarn that had the orange in it? I wrote Red Heart and rec'd a reply by snail mail today. They asked that I send them (using the prepaid envelope included) a sample of the defective yarn along with the band from the skein. I have that fixed up and will send out tomorrow.

They also are sending a replacement for the bad skein. Delivery expected to take 3-4 weeks, which is fine. I have ordered more yarn myself since I promised more scarves to the Special Olympics and that is the yarn to be used. Hopefully I won't have any problems with those skeins. This one skein is the only one I had problems with of the previously ordered skeins. The ones I purchased before came from two different places as well.

While waiting to resolve the Navy yarn issue, I worked on a scarf in leftover Wool Ease yarn. The pattern is ... well, there's no pattern. Just straight dc in the colors that I had. Here is the result. I think it turned out okay. This is going to the Bridge project. Finished size is 7 1/2 x 60.


That's about it for now.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

1 comment: