Friday, April 8, 2011

one more lapghan and Knit Your Bit

Here is another lapghan for the rehab facility. It is made with 16 7-round granny squares, just like the others, but in this one I used just two colors - Vanna's Choice pink and red - and lined them up in stripes. Then I edged each stripe in white and joined them with a whipstitch. I considered putting another round of white (or red) and might even still do that.

I didn't do it because I was supposed to head out to the facility yesterday. My plans changed when I had to make a dentist appointment, so I'll be going there next week instead.

In the meantime, I will be back to making scarves. This time they will be for the Knit Your Bit project. If you're not familiar with the project, the scarves are sent to veterans all around the country. You can read about the effort here. I will be assisting in tweaking the patterns. In the meantime, if you want to make and send scarves, please do so. You can use ANY pattern and size is flexible. (I have pattern adaptations at Crochet Cabana as well.)

For this project, you should choose colors that can be worn by either gender such as red, white and blue, dark greens, tans, browns, greys, and fisherman. Pinks or pastels would not be work as well for this project.

You know I'll keep you posted as things progress. The first pattern I'm working on is the V for Victory scarf in Lion Brand Wool Ease ranch red.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

2 comments:

  1. Love your colors for this and I admire your generosity. You are always making for charity. I sure miss S4S. I think I am going to start a square blog or page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects always inspire me, Ghost. I'd love to see all your squares.

    ReplyDelete