Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Special Olympic scarves

I finished a couple more Special Olympics Scarves. Louisiana really needs some so if you're making them and your state has fulfilled its goal, please consider sending some here. A V stitch scarf, for example, could be made quickly - there are only a few weeks left to send a scarf. You can see scarves I've made here .

First up if another Jacob's Ladder scarf. I used the 8, 8, 8 pattern. 8 double crochets, 8 chains, 8 double crochets. Ch 26 to begin. I did this one with Turqua and bordered in Blue. The other one I had worked opposite colors scheme. Finished size is 6" x 57". I worked 103 rows with an H hook.

This pattern works up pretty quickly.

For the second scarf I used a simple pattern, adapted from a square pattern I saw online. I call it the Skippa Scarf because you skippa stitches. Hahaha I know you are groaning. I am so bad at names.

Here is the Skippa pattern in brief.
ch 20
R1: sc across
R2: (sc, ch 1, sk 1) across
R3: ch 2, (dc, ch 1, sk 1) in ch-1 sp across
R4: ch 3, (dc, ch 1, sk 1) in ch-1 sp across
repeat all rows, end on sc across
Edging: 1 round sc, 1 round dc, ch 1, sk 1

I am working on a V stitch scarf now using the blue in center and an edging of Turqua.


Happy crocheting!

1 comment:

  1. I'm delayed on getting going on my contribution. I'd been planning to do Northern California but they have what they need so maybe I'll go ahead and do Louisiana. The other one I was thinking about was Alaska.

    ReplyDelete