Monday, January 10, 2011

Heart for the Olympics

Another Special Olympics Louisiana scarf finished. They need a lot more scarves, so if you've of that mind, please do get your hooks and needles to work and send them off.

For this scarf I used Kim Guzman's Heart Sampler Square. I used a smaller foundation chain (21) to make sure it was 6". I put one heart in each color at the beginning and end. The center part is straight dc. At the end I reversed the heart so when the scarf is hanging down it will show in the same direction.

This is not a difficult pattern, but I kept messing up. I guess my brain or my fingers were too cold to concentrate fully. For example, as I was finishing the final two hearts I skipped a row on the second to last one, and didn't notice until I was finished the last one. Of course, I'd already woven the ends in so I had to undo the second one, add the missing row, and rework the second heart. My own fault, but still a pain. heh

Finished size is 6" x 57".


Happy crocheting!

2 comments:

  1. I used your idea and made almost the same scarf for Arizona Special Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Linda! Glad you liked the idea. I'm sure the recipient will love your scarf!

    ReplyDelete