Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Special Olympic scarf

I finished the scarf made with squares from the Refreshing Throw over at Coats and Clark. (I used a G hook rather than the suggested H) The width is about 6 1/4" but close enough. Length is 58" which is right between the 54 to 60" requirement for Scarves for Special Olympics. As you can see I used four Turqua and five blue squares. I did not edge it because of size. Had I been making it for another effort where size was not important, I'd have edged it just because I prefer to edge most of my stuff.

It's really a pretty square. If you used a sc or hdc for the last round, I think it would work well for the Share a Square program also. If you're on Facebook, my daughter's squares are the featured profile picture this week at Share a Square *proud Mom*.

For the next scarf, I am thinking of trying the dragonfly scarf. There are two patterns that I know of. I'll have to see how wide it comes out.

I also want to pull out my 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match. I've seen it referenced a number of times for Share a Square and other projects so I want to give it some attention. Then of course I still have many patterns from The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet... Charts, and Photos for 200 Stitch Patterns that I haven't tried yet.

Another book I've been thinking about in relation to squares is an old one I've had for a long time called 101 Crochet Squares. I've pulled it out many times in the past years and always seem to come back to it. Great price on it now.

Are you all like me and print out patterns, the copy of which you instantly lose and you have to keep printing them out over and over again? So you end up with like a dozen copies of the same pattern all over your house. When I was doing a cleanup to get the craft room in order, I found many of these. Shhh. I did shoot some of them away and put others in folders which I've been referencing for squares and scarves. I like being reminded that I liked a particular pattern and saved it off, even if I didn't get to work on it right away.

Oh regarding the Master's Course, no I didn't hear, but my friend did. Her swatches have gotten to a reviewer and I'm about a month behind her so it's getting closer. :-)

Guess that's all for today.
 
Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment