Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Firstly, I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you had a wonderful low-stress day, visiting with family and friends. Don't forget to help with cleanup if you're able to and thank your host/hostess if you've traveled.

I've finished another Special Olympics scarf. This one is a simple V-stitch scarf similar to the other one I made, but without the stripes. I used the Turqua for the body and the blue for the dc edging.

Finished size was just shy of 6" x 56".

I have another completed except for the hanging tails. I'll sew those in tonight and hopefully have a photo for you tomorrow.

There are at least two other patterns I saw among the other Special Olympic scarves that I would like to try out. One is the Color Waves Reversible Scarf at Crochet Me. The other is a Lion Brand scarf called Bergamot Ripple. It is a pdf file. I will be working on those soon.

Melissa Sinisgalli posted a photo of a scarf she made for this project at the Scarves for Special Olympics Facebook page, but the pattern wasn't listed. You can see the photo at her blog.

If I learn where you can find that pattern, I'll post it. I know of a similar pattern in the book Quick and Cozy Afghans (Leisure Arts #102626). The pattern is called Lacy Blocks. I might give that one a try if I can't find hers.

So many patterns, so little time. LOL

Hope you all 

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment