Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Royal squares :-)

I've done a lot of crocheting lately on double yo-yos and saltines, but I'm about ready to hang up my hat on those for a while. :-) I am thinking I'll go back to squares for a while.

To that end, I worked a square last night using the Royal Sisters tutorial. I didn't actually READ the tutorial, but just looked at the pictures. Note that the text shows English terminology with American in parentheses.

I also worked in one color because you know how I hate to sew those ends in. :-) Her multi-colored squares are much prettier than mine and she also shows you how to join them with the join-as-you-go-method. The square design, however, is easy peasy. Fun to do and comes out 6" for me with my trusty H hook.

If you're working on squares for Share a Square (ghans to be made for kids with cancer) this might be a nice one to try.

I also want to mention Dee's annual scarf challenge. She has a Ravelry group set up for this and I'm sure it will be on her blog as well when September rolls around. Since I love to make scarves, I'm sure I will be participating this year again.

That's all for now.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment