Monday, June 21, 2010

Raised Diagonal

The next square I'm going to attempt is the Raised Diagonal on p. 136 in ... you guessed it The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet.

I'll give you a tip on the one I plan to do after that. Actually the next few. I intend to try to Catherine's Wheel and also a mitered square. I know there are YouTube videos on the wheel and possibly on the other as well. I'll keep you posted on that as I find info. Catherine's Wheel is on p. 137 and mitered square on p. 126 of the photo guide. After that, I am thinking I will work in the mesh stitch section. There are some pretty things in there.

 
I don't have anything to show you today as I haven't begun the squares yet. I had a hook incident last night which put me off a bit. Broke my fave hook. Hubby repaired it and we will see how it does. More details at Crafty Corral on that.

I might also mention that if you are new to crochet, you can get a headstart on some thing it took me a while to learn by reading Lily Chin's book - Lily Chin's Crochet Tips & Tricks: Shortcuts and Techniques Every Crocheter Should Know
I have so enjoyed this book. It's small so easy to carry around with you for a quick read of a point or two.

Another book I think would be useful to have in your crochet library, and which I just purchased myself, is All About Crochet: The Dictionary of Crochet Stitches and Techniques. When you have a question about a term or procedure, this will be a handy book to have around. I'll post a longer review when I receive my copy.

I apologize to those who read both blogs and get a repeat of info. I know I need to choose one or the other, but for now I am concentrating on squares and new patterns here at The Crochet Cabana Blog with the odd bit of info I want to be sure you have if you need it.

Hope to have some photos later in the week.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment