Monday, June 7, 2010

new square

I'm going to step out of "the book" for my next square. Bev posted this link to Janet Wolfe's Baby Blanket pattern. You can make it a square or continue on and make it a blanket. Or make a bunch of squares and make it a scarf. Never be afraid to step out of the box!

I've done this stitch a number of times. Gives a lovely look.

When my MIL was ill with cancer, she asked me to finish two afghans she had begun. One of these was worked in a similar way to this pattern. I don't remember where the pattern came from. MIL provided it. The shell rounds were a cream color and the chain rounds were different bright colors.

I'll be working my square later and will post a photo when it's done.

Off topic, I'm presently crocheting a police box afghan. I'm not following a pattern, but making it up as I go along. I am probably about a third of the way done on it right now. Photos at Crafty Corral if you're interested in seeing it.



Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment