Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Janet Wolfe's baby blanket square

Here is the square I made today using Janet Wolfe's pattern.


I love this look. However, it does leave a lot of tails to sew in.



Note that in the pattern, she doesn't say to join each round, but of course you do. The next instructions are to be made in a corner space so I am also guessing you are to slip stitch to the corner. Since I was changing colors each round, I didn't have to do this. I finished off each color and joined the new color in the corner.

For my square I used an H hook and worsted yarns and it came out about 6 1/2". If you need a different size you could make more or less rounds, use a different size hook, or a different size yarn.

This is a very simple pattern and goes quickly, even with changing colors. It would make a beautiful blanket of any size.

The next square I'm going to work will be from the book, but I haven't chosen it yet. I'm still working on my police box (see Crafty Corral).

I also saw a finished Houndstooth square made by Margaret Hubert. Hers is lovely so it can be done, friends.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment