Tuesday, May 11, 2010

tips on the teddy

Before you all get started, I thought I'd make a few points about the pattern of the Teddy Bear filet square. First, I added a row of double crochet to the top and bottom of the square to give the size I mentioned in the previous post.

Also, you will note that Judith doesn't use the standard dc for double crochet. She uses dbc. It's the same stitch though.

When I worked the pattern, I actually didn't follow the written instructions very much. I clicked on the photo to get the larger version. Then printed it out and used that to work the square. I also made myself a quick reference for each row so I could just jump to it and know how many "holes" and how many dcs were needed.

Hope that helps you all as you work the square. If you have questions or comments, be sure to leave them.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment